Fresh Berry Care tips:
How to care for your strawberries when you take them home:
- ONLY rinse berries or remove stems when you are ready to use them; helps retain juices.
- Protect them from sunlight and store in a cool place.
- Best when used within 2-3 days after picking.
Berry Freezing Tips:
- Wash berries and drain in colander.
- Remove stems and slice (or crush) berries as you stem them.
- Add sugar to taste (about 3/4 cup sugar to 1qt berries).
- Mix gently until sugar dissolves.
- Package in rigid containers and freeze.
From the Field:
- Select medium-sized fruit, hand clean, hull carefully.
- Line on baking trays, place in freezer until frozen hard.
- Remove and package fruit in seal-tight plastic bags.
- Return to freezer for storage.