Nothing sets a romantic tone like wine and chocolate. Chefs and winemakers have been pairing wine and chocolate for ages (learn about wine pairings here). But you can take this simple pairing and turn it into the theme for a romantic activity or a fun dessert for a family dinner with this simple recipe (not recommended for kids)
- 454 grams of melting dark chocolate
- 75 ml of 10% fat cream
- 125 ml of 2% Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 C. of Blackberry Wine
- In a double boiler (fill a pot with water and place a metal bowl on top. The water indirectly heats the bowl, providing a more gentle heating surface.) on medium heat; melt butter, add cream/milk, broken up dark chocolate and vanilla.
- Lightly stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in blackberry wine
- Use a fondue warmer on low to keep everything melted.
- Serve with your strawberries, sliced bananas, other fresh fruits, marshmallows, cake bites, graham crackers, or cookies such as Oreos.
- Note: You can use the pot in a pot method if you don’t own a double boiler. Just add a bit of water to the bottom of the bigger pot and float the smaller pot on top.
Enjoy making and eating your chocolate fondue. Be sure to share your creations with friends, family and the internet. Please remember to tag us on instagram in photos of your blackberry wine and chocolate fondue.